Divine Mortals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterPortalLatest imagesLog in

new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean

Go down 
+3
mike3518
Shoebop
sho
7 posters
AuthorMessage

new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean Empty
PostSubject: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 am

Hi DM/DL
alien I'm just starting up a thread about how the new update to ikarium is gonna change the way the game is played militarily with the new improvisations of heavy infantry,light infantry, missile troops, additional troops such as cooks and dr's (wonder if we will get some priests...CHAPLAINS YES!!!), and most importantly MIRACLES and how this is gonna effect our abilities militarily in this transition period as we may be able to exploit it with larger inactives when its implemented so pls pls pls interject for now your opinion so soon when we start the "exploit the upgrade post" to pillage juicy inactives in this part of the forum that way we can ALL be easily informed. Smile
study personally i'm looking forward to the miracles, alot HyperC bounce
Back to top Go down
sho

sho

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 2:23 am

There might not be a lot of change in tactics. But I will be the first to experiment of one and I will "secretly" inform anyone who wishes to. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Shoebop

Shoebop

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:24 pm

when version 3.1 hit, it nearly ruined the game. There are still things that I can't stand about it. Now with the new version it is changing things like how we do battle...adding new (seemingly pointless temples) and all kinds of "protections" for new players. I'm sure there will be an adjustment period. I just hope it doesn't truely ruin the game for us old-timers.
Back to top Go down
mike3518

mike3518

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:24 pm

Shoebop wrote:
when version 3.1 hit, it nearly ruined the game. There are still things that I can't stand about it. Now with the new version it is changing things like how we do battle...adding new (seemingly pointless temples) and all kinds of "protections" for new players. I'm sure there will be an adjustment period. I just hope it doesn't truly ruin the game for us old-timers.

I really agree with shoebop, last time the game got upgraded my plans were nearly ruined
Back to top Go down
Marvel

Marvel

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 8:02 am

Yah this is bullhock!

I was really hoping they fix the warehouses or GR's so you could level them up higher.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 2:40 pm

Does anyone actually now what's new and what's being removed, additions etc etc?
Back to top Go down
Shoebop

Shoebop

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 5:19 pm

there is another thread on our board as well as a thread in the ika-board that has all the updates. they all look sucky to me.
Back to top Go down
sho

sho

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:55 pm

Yeah too bad. And removing the swapping of crystal for research makes me Sad because I can't employ my crystals to finish research sooner especially on the future researches.
Back to top Go down
Shoebop

Shoebop

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 4:17 pm

I just got on the test server. So far not much is different. I haven't gotten to do much since I'm a newbie again.

What I've noticed:

The new "wonder" - you can donate other resources

There's a dove icon by my town, must signify new players that can't be attacked yet.

The barbarian village is on the island, but when clicked on says it is unavailable.

So far that's it...I'll tell more, once I know more
Back to top Go down
Shoebop

Shoebop

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 8:10 pm

RESEARCH:

you get to pick what your research points go towards...you can currently do it, but the new system is a little more clear (too me at least)

[img]new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean Test_r11[/img]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 9:53 pm

well Its a bit better.( for me)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ikariam version 3.2...   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 2:29 pm

I read a message on the ikariam board from queezy. For those of you who dont know queezy is the game operator for beta world. Queezy posted you will still be able to buy out research with crystal in the new version. They are going to keep that part of the game the same.
Back to top Go down
Shoebop

Shoebop

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:14 pm

I sent this out to DM'ers in game due to the board being down. In the new version, spear throwers are the first troop you can get, even before slingers. This doesn't affect us too much, but it does show how the new update is junk. i also got a message about 2 spear throwers attempting to pillage an inactive with 0 general's and a lvl 7 wall. The battle was going into multiple rounds, just based on the wall (no troops in town). So walls are going to be more valuable and at the same time a big pain to pillage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:11 pm

astleast we could report it to the admin for a better workout on spear throwers. we could atleast get it before phalanx or after it. because it so boring that update about spear thrower is nothing else both trash and junk. I was expecting a better result about the new unit. and also about the ship and navy army. do you think its time for them to atleast have a sea wall or something like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 3:00 pm

From an Offensive standpoint, do we know yet the best way to tackle the newly strengthened town walls? Which units/troops are we going to need to deal with this town wall update?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 2:35 am

The siege units are going to be very important in countering the effect of walls.

Has anyone on the test server tried using a Ram in a battle against a walled city?
Back to top Go down
_EXAd34thn00b_

_EXAd34thn00b_

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:16 am

Shoebop wrote:
I sent this out to DM'ers in game due to the board being down. In the new version, spear throwers are the first troop you can get, even before slingers. This doesn't affect us too much, but it does show how the new update is junk. i also got a message about 2 spear throwers attempting to pillage an inactive with 0 general's and a lvl 7 wall. The battle was going into multiple rounds, just based on the wall (no troops in town). So walls are going to be more valuable and at the same time a big pain to pillage.

aww shit...good for me but at the same time bad for my pillaging shucks....
and SHIP UPKEEP? SULPHUR USAGE...god....
those are gna kill me...
so HIGH Sad
Back to top Go down
13magmyst

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:27 pm

Pillaging inactives is gonna be harder because walls can really slow you down. Even though you beat them down with catapults and rams it takes time, and people can see when you attack an inactive and can come to its aid. I am finding that cooks and doctors seem to get knocked off really quickly. Also I have not done the math but for the folk that are in to total score; they have supposedly downvalued the benfit of research upon your total score.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 8:49 am

I'm not sure but I found this on a wall lvl 12

Hit points 700
Armour 47
Close combat Catapults
Damage 90
Accuracy 50%
Garrison limit 1750

I never saw this before and wonder if that gives you some indication how to tackle the wall
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean   new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean Empty

Back to top Go down

new ikarium .3.2.1 or something.. whats its gonna mean
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Divine Mortals :: Guest Area :: Military Strategies-
Jump to: